what a day!
Its not even noon thirty and I'm so amazed by today.
I got Eliot and me and Naomi fed, changed and dressed (well i wasn't changed or dressed but what is new) before 8am - and that included making pancakes for breakfast.
I got all of us fed lunch - and a healthy one - cheese and apples and good-for-you-soup - well and breast milk for Naomi.
I got both kids in bed (I thought they were asleep until 10 seconds ago when I heard Eliot saying 'choo choo' upstairs) before 12:15!
I'm going to take a nap!!! Before the nap tho - I have to write this down.
While I was nursing Naomi today I heard a pile of books crash outside Eliots room (where I was sitting - in the dark leaning against the knob on the dresser - nice!). I realized that that crash was probably the one I knew would come anyday now (since Naomi came along I've been so nervouse that I'm going to kill one while caring for the other through pure neglect) so I asked Eliot to bring me a book - because if he can bring me a book I have proof that he is alive and not bleeding to death. A few loooooooong seconds passed and then he came into the room with a book and told me there was a butterfly and a flower in it. Usually he would sit down to read a book - but today he gave it to me and left. I think he just broght me a book to read because thats what I asked him to do. I'm very touched that he picked that one out.
Then when I went to put Naomi in bed he started 'singing' a song to her - that I interpret as sounding a lot like the bed time song we've sung to him his whole life.
This kind of stuff just kills me its so wonderful.
I got Eliot and me and Naomi fed, changed and dressed (well i wasn't changed or dressed but what is new) before 8am - and that included making pancakes for breakfast.
I got all of us fed lunch - and a healthy one - cheese and apples and good-for-you-soup - well and breast milk for Naomi.
I got both kids in bed (I thought they were asleep until 10 seconds ago when I heard Eliot saying 'choo choo' upstairs) before 12:15!
I'm going to take a nap!!! Before the nap tho - I have to write this down.
While I was nursing Naomi today I heard a pile of books crash outside Eliots room (where I was sitting - in the dark leaning against the knob on the dresser - nice!). I realized that that crash was probably the one I knew would come anyday now (since Naomi came along I've been so nervouse that I'm going to kill one while caring for the other through pure neglect) so I asked Eliot to bring me a book - because if he can bring me a book I have proof that he is alive and not bleeding to death. A few loooooooong seconds passed and then he came into the room with a book and told me there was a butterfly and a flower in it. Usually he would sit down to read a book - but today he gave it to me and left. I think he just broght me a book to read because thats what I asked him to do. I'm very touched that he picked that one out.
Then when I went to put Naomi in bed he started 'singing' a song to her - that I interpret as sounding a lot like the bed time song we've sung to him his whole life.
This kind of stuff just kills me its so wonderful.

2 Comments:
that makes me smile. what a sweetie.
You are totally a butterfly book type. He's so nice.
Post a Comment
<< Home