The Baby is Back

Eliot's baby spent the last few weeks in the vortex I sometimes also call the floor in the back seat of our car. The baby came back yesterday to a great deal of love and tender care. Eliot read it a few books, and carried it around, and put it on the couch to sit and they basically had some great quality time together. Today the baby went with us to a soccer game and got to sit in the stroller and watch the game.
This weird thing happened in my brain when we got to the soccer game. I was pulling out four of the five cars Nana gave Eliot which go all places all the time lately and then I pulled the baby out and I had this thought - what if one of the guys on Aron's soccer team thinks Eliot is a girly-girl or Aron is a girly-mahn 'cause Eliot has a baby.
I felt protective of both of them.
I don't know what to do with that. All I know is the baby still came out and was still loved and in reality I know its none of my business what some guy on a soccer team thinks of Eliot having a baby. And I still have to ask myself how I will someday deal with the inevitable likelihood that someone, somewhere, someday will make fun of Eliot for something (that I'm sure will be more about their own insecurities - but still it will stink).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home