Fifteen Its The Magic Number
My wise friend pointed out to me that the first 12 months of a kids life are really, really hard and they actually last for more like 15 months.
She is so wise and so right.
Naomi turned 15 months old a few weeks ago.
Since then so many amazing things have happened.
We had friends over for dinner and when the kids were done eating they both got up from the table and went into the living room and played together. We sat in the dining room and talked. All four of the adults sat and talked for a while. It was amazing.
Yesterday while I was filling up the bath tub Eliot and Naomi ran around the upstairs playing together. I was able to be in the bathroom gathering towels and soap and all of that bath time stuff while they played. And they were playing together.
Naomi has started feeding herself with a spoon and a fork.
I've actually sat at the dinner table with both of my kids and eaten a few bites of warm food from time to time in the past few weeks.
Naomi plays by herself for a long time. Sometimes I feel a little guilty. I wonder if I should be playing with her more. She just seems so happy to sit and play with toys and do her own thing.
They can both climb up and down the stairs on their own now. Several times in the past few weeks I've walked from the upstairs of our house to the downstairs of our house with both children and haven't been carrying either one.
Its amazing.
Things feel much less hands on.
I can only imagine what it will be like when Eliot's treatment gets easier and he isn't feeling as sick-o.
She is so wise and so right.
Naomi turned 15 months old a few weeks ago.
Since then so many amazing things have happened.
We had friends over for dinner and when the kids were done eating they both got up from the table and went into the living room and played together. We sat in the dining room and talked. All four of the adults sat and talked for a while. It was amazing.
Yesterday while I was filling up the bath tub Eliot and Naomi ran around the upstairs playing together. I was able to be in the bathroom gathering towels and soap and all of that bath time stuff while they played. And they were playing together.
Naomi has started feeding herself with a spoon and a fork.
I've actually sat at the dinner table with both of my kids and eaten a few bites of warm food from time to time in the past few weeks.
Naomi plays by herself for a long time. Sometimes I feel a little guilty. I wonder if I should be playing with her more. She just seems so happy to sit and play with toys and do her own thing.
They can both climb up and down the stairs on their own now. Several times in the past few weeks I've walked from the upstairs of our house to the downstairs of our house with both children and haven't been carrying either one.
Its amazing.
Things feel much less hands on.
I can only imagine what it will be like when Eliot's treatment gets easier and he isn't feeling as sick-o.

2 Comments:
Sara, that's so exciting. Naomi is changing so fast. She's motivated to keep up with everyone else!
"no more, no less. no more, no less.
You can add it or subtract it but it just won't go away...
15 is the magic number!"
i heart de la soul
Post a Comment
<< Home