4.07.2006

The Wolf Gets a Kiss Too

We have a book about the three pigs that came complete with finger puppets of the three pigs and the wolf. Eliot enjoys putting the finger puppets on his own fingers and even tries to figure out how to get more than one on his hands which is amazingly challenging. We were playing with them the other day and he kissed the wolf puppet. I had this odd reaction. I was so surprised he gave the wolf a kiss. I mean the wolf is the bad guy. He terrorizes the little pigs and buds on a people and is generally scary. And it made me realize that I'd never questioned that the wolf is unlovable until the moment my son - not knowing he 'should know better' kissed that wolf right on the head. It made me realize that we adults are the ones who teach who is good and bad and lovable and not lovable.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful reflection. I will cherish it.
-- Nana

8/4/06 6:26 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

And thanks so much for the book about the three pigs. Its a great gift Nana.

8/4/06 10:47 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

sara, your insight is profound

8/4/06 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats