Fucking Steroids are Back
I lost my little warning sign for the top of my post. And I'm feeling just crazy enough to put that big ol' f-bomb right in the subject header.
Steroids stink. Eliot has been on them since Friday night and he will be until Wednesday morning. He is really, basically doing just fine. He just gets annoyed easily. And tonight at Nan and Rob's house (well, lets be honest - at Dora and Arlo's house) he wanted to be held and held and held and held and held. He whined. He wanted to go home.
He woke up having a night mare last night. Or at least I think that's what was happening. He said there was a spider in his room. Interestingly he had a lot of spider dreams wake him up in the few weeks before he was diagnosed. He is tired. He practically dove into bed tonight.
I'm feeling stunned that we had 28 days of of steroids after 12 days of the hospital after the total mind fuck of finding out about leukemia. Goodness. How in the world did we do that month. No wonder I sat on the chair that last day and stared at the wall.
Eliot is going to have 5 day stints with steroids once a month for the entirety of the rest of the treatment. Except for the first 21 days of May when he'll have them for 21 days. Sigh. 21 days.
We can ask for anti-depressants for him which are supposed to make things a lot better. I'm thinking we'll be taking that option. Sigh. My baby boy on anti-depressants.
Sigh.
Steroids stink. Eliot has been on them since Friday night and he will be until Wednesday morning. He is really, basically doing just fine. He just gets annoyed easily. And tonight at Nan and Rob's house (well, lets be honest - at Dora and Arlo's house) he wanted to be held and held and held and held and held. He whined. He wanted to go home.
He woke up having a night mare last night. Or at least I think that's what was happening. He said there was a spider in his room. Interestingly he had a lot of spider dreams wake him up in the few weeks before he was diagnosed. He is tired. He practically dove into bed tonight.
I'm feeling stunned that we had 28 days of of steroids after 12 days of the hospital after the total mind fuck of finding out about leukemia. Goodness. How in the world did we do that month. No wonder I sat on the chair that last day and stared at the wall.
Eliot is going to have 5 day stints with steroids once a month for the entirety of the rest of the treatment. Except for the first 21 days of May when he'll have them for 21 days. Sigh. 21 days.
We can ask for anti-depressants for him which are supposed to make things a lot better. I'm thinking we'll be taking that option. Sigh. My baby boy on anti-depressants.
Sigh.

5 Comments:
I love that I walked in to my study hall class and one of my girls was reading a blog she immediately shut off when she realized I was in the room. I told her I didn't really care what she was reading (she's one of my good kids). This reminded me to check in on you - so I did - and there's a giant F bomb at the top of the post. I love that : )
I have no words of wisdom. I'm thinking of you -
Sara, please let us know if you need help during these steroid times. It breaks my heart to see you so tired and stressed out.
Sara, you've no idea who I am. I used to work with your Dad and I meet your mom and dad for lunch or trips to the race track once in awhile. Thanks for letting me read the updates on Eliot. I'm glad he's doing well but you do have my sympathy on the steroids. Having been on them myself and knowing what they did to me I wouldn't wish them on anyone - especially not an adorable little guy like Eliot. But he is winning the fight and I look forward to his March Forth in 2010 when this journey is hopefully over forever.
(Oh, and I "borrowed" your blog warning image for my own blog, so if you need me to e-mail it to you, let me know :))
Blessings and peace,
L.
(((((((Sara)))))))))
Fucking steroids indeed. I was on them a couple of years ago during my first bout of the whooping cough (yes, I've had it twice). Those things are the devil. With my history of (now-managed) depression they made me absolutely insane, so I sympathize with your little one. If the anti-depressants are offered, take them. I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment
<< Home