Day 14
One week from right now Eliot will have received his last dose of steroids.
His last dose of steroids during Standard Delayed Intensification or what I used to call Standard Delayed Intimidation and now I'm thinking of as Standard Delayed We're Almost There.
We've made it two thirds of the way. He is tired. He is a bit crabby. He eats all day. He has weird pooping situations all day. His legs hurt. I think everything on him hurts.
He is also happy and playing and interested in things and talking like a wild man.
Its amazing. Its just so much less awful than I thought it would be.
Naomi is bigger. He is more able to communicate. She is more able to communicate. They both walked up the steps for their nap today - or was it yesterday.
The weather is good.
We're going to make it through this.
We are.
I don't even have to say that in the way you say things to convince yourself.
I know we're going to make it.
Happy. Happy. Happy Dance. Complete with arm pumps baby!
His last dose of steroids during Standard Delayed Intensification or what I used to call Standard Delayed Intimidation and now I'm thinking of as Standard Delayed We're Almost There.
We've made it two thirds of the way. He is tired. He is a bit crabby. He eats all day. He has weird pooping situations all day. His legs hurt. I think everything on him hurts.
He is also happy and playing and interested in things and talking like a wild man.
Its amazing. Its just so much less awful than I thought it would be.
Naomi is bigger. He is more able to communicate. She is more able to communicate. They both walked up the steps for their nap today - or was it yesterday.
The weather is good.
We're going to make it through this.
We are.
I don't even have to say that in the way you say things to convince yourself.
I know we're going to make it.
Happy. Happy. Happy Dance. Complete with arm pumps baby!

1 Comments:
I just realized how much easier this must be now that there's not snow or freezing temperatures outside. Gosh. Winter must've been so hard. I am happy in my heart to hear Eliot is doing relatively well.
Amelia
Post a Comment
<< Home