4.26.2006

Nose Talker

Last night Eliot discovered how to talk with his nose plugged and how funny it sounds. He somehow happened to plug his nose and go 'na, na, na, na, na' at the same time which of course he laughed at and I laughed at so it went on and on and on and on and was completely ridiculous and wonderful.

Watching him figure out how to use his body for different things like climbing, and picking up ants, and walking up and down stairs and picking up huge things (is he and ant?) and of course talking with his nose plugged (try it now - I bet you forgot how fun it is) is becoming a metaphor for me of sorts. I wonder how much of my own potential I walk around with every day and just sort of happen to fall on from time to time or how much I have that I'm not aware of (or forgot about) until I see someone else do it.

Okay cheese ball alert - and probably mis-quoting the bible alert -- I think about that 'don't put your light under a basket bible passage' and get really inspired to go ahead and go for it and do my best at things thinking it might inspire someone else - and I feel compelled to follow the people with their lights out too.

Laurie had her art crawl (which by the way if you missed it I bet she'd still let you check out her work - especially if you're inspired to buy some - or to tell someone who wants to buy some all about it) this past weekend. Some of her neighbors who live at the end of a hall set up a tiny little red blinking light to get people's attention. And it worked. I went down that hall and don't even remember seeing the light.

Are we all moths - following the light?

Okay I could go on and on right now. I just saw in the hardware store the other day that they make lights now that bugs don't see and so they don't come hang around you. It makes me wonder how much of my life I'm one of those light bulbs. And I see how kids don't do that. They just haven't learned that its not 'polite' or whatever it is to go ahead and try and be bossy and be good at things and be bad at things etc, etc, etc. Okay this is feeling soap boxy - over and out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

i followed the blinking light in the hall and met a new friend. i wonder how many lights i haven't followed that would have lead to equally good adventures.

and, sara is right, i'm happy to open the studio for anyone who is interested.

26/4/06 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats