Where is God
Just in time for Easter we found Eliot's sweet tooth. Aron made chocolate chip cookies this weekend and Eliot picked the chocolate chips out of them. Aron gave him a few plain chips and Eliot giggled and was super excited to have them - he savored them by licking them instead of just putting them right into his mouth. He also discovered bread with jelly on it. I'm pretty sure that is all he ate for lunch just now. And on Friday morning he had a complete temper tantrum when I didn't realize he wanted some bread with jelly on it - I mean a full blown tears and screaming temper tantrum.
We have this awesome book by Lawrence and Karen Kushner called 'Where is God'. It talks about how God is in the beginning and the end and in band-aid fix ups after a fall and ripe tomatoes and cookies fresh from the oven and lots of other wonderful things. Eliot picked the book up while I was nursing Naomi today and pointed out all of the chocolate chip cookies in the book.
Today for me God is in the chocolate chip cookies that are still left from the weekend and woah - who would have thought it - at church. We did the reading of the passion and I was utterly stunned by the amazing environment in which our kids are growing up. The readers were so incredibly diverse. Jesus was a graying woman in a green corduroy skirt. Peter was an African American man who I would guess is in his 40's. The little girl was a woman who lost her sight during her adulthood. Another reader was a kid who is around 11 maybe who is bi-racial. Another reader is a gay man. Wow. I love our church.
We have this awesome book by Lawrence and Karen Kushner called 'Where is God'. It talks about how God is in the beginning and the end and in band-aid fix ups after a fall and ripe tomatoes and cookies fresh from the oven and lots of other wonderful things. Eliot picked the book up while I was nursing Naomi today and pointed out all of the chocolate chip cookies in the book.
Today for me God is in the chocolate chip cookies that are still left from the weekend and woah - who would have thought it - at church. We did the reading of the passion and I was utterly stunned by the amazing environment in which our kids are growing up. The readers were so incredibly diverse. Jesus was a graying woman in a green corduroy skirt. Peter was an African American man who I would guess is in his 40's. The little girl was a woman who lost her sight during her adulthood. Another reader was a kid who is around 11 maybe who is bi-racial. Another reader is a gay man. Wow. I love our church.

1 Comments:
Your environment is a loving, inclusive community which will only bring amazing blessings to your children! Love you all! VK
Post a Comment
<< Home