From Bad to Beautiful
To those of my faithful readers thanks for coming back after my whining of yesterday.
Today I still feel like, well I don't feel good. I don't exactly feel BAD - not like so bad I can't function. I feel the kind of sick where you wish you could lay on the couch and watch re-runs of the Waltons and eat chicken noodle soup and read trashy magazines and blow your nose into nice soft Kleenex (the real brand - no knock offs) and throw them on the floor pretending you won't eventually be the one with the horrifying task of cleaning them up.
Instead, as generations of women before me I played with my kids and nursed my infant and walked to the park and did dishes and cheated and watched a video with the kids and luckily had a super fun play date with (count them) two - yes not one but two other fun and brave adults who risked their nice looking noses to come to my house today and have a great time (well at least I had a great time - I hope they did too).
I decided to take the kids and Aron out for dinner tonight and there was this fantastic moment where I wasn't thinking about anything I have to do or didn't do or wish I did or must do. I was just sitting in the restaurant nursing Naomi not feeling in the slightest bit uncomfortable about my boob being out in the world and Naomi was holding my hand and Eliot was sitting on the chair next to me clearly enjoying his meal and being in his own two year old world.
The colors were brilliant (I love, love, LOVE our neighborhood restaurant called the Birchwood Cafe), their floors are fun colors and the sun was out. It was a magic moment. The kind of thing fairy tales and legends are made of. The kind of thing I imagine I'll remember in 30 years a lot better than this f*%$ing summer head cold.
A full time job would so NOT be better than this.
Today I still feel like, well I don't feel good. I don't exactly feel BAD - not like so bad I can't function. I feel the kind of sick where you wish you could lay on the couch and watch re-runs of the Waltons and eat chicken noodle soup and read trashy magazines and blow your nose into nice soft Kleenex (the real brand - no knock offs) and throw them on the floor pretending you won't eventually be the one with the horrifying task of cleaning them up.
Instead, as generations of women before me I played with my kids and nursed my infant and walked to the park and did dishes and cheated and watched a video with the kids and luckily had a super fun play date with (count them) two - yes not one but two other fun and brave adults who risked their nice looking noses to come to my house today and have a great time (well at least I had a great time - I hope they did too).
I decided to take the kids and Aron out for dinner tonight and there was this fantastic moment where I wasn't thinking about anything I have to do or didn't do or wish I did or must do. I was just sitting in the restaurant nursing Naomi not feeling in the slightest bit uncomfortable about my boob being out in the world and Naomi was holding my hand and Eliot was sitting on the chair next to me clearly enjoying his meal and being in his own two year old world.
The colors were brilliant (I love, love, LOVE our neighborhood restaurant called the Birchwood Cafe), their floors are fun colors and the sun was out. It was a magic moment. The kind of thing fairy tales and legends are made of. The kind of thing I imagine I'll remember in 30 years a lot better than this f*%$ing summer head cold.
A full time job would so NOT be better than this.

1 Comments:
I cannot speak for the other adult present but I had a great time visiting the other day! I love your description of your moment.
Post a Comment
<< Home