7.06.2006

Excerpt from Eliot's Journal

I've continued my social experimentation today. I'm focusing mainly on adult responses to me checking what I've begun to call boundaries.

Yesterday I didn't eat any of my dinner and instead asked for jelly on bread. Mom told me I could have some and then had to eat some of my actual dinner. I ran around and cried and refused to eat anything but jelly on bread. It turns out that mom gave in - she said I won the soccer game 1 to zero in over time with a penalty kick and she'd chalk that one up to experience. I don't know what she meant by that but when I woke up at midnight I had a nice snack of some of the jelly stuck between my fingers.

Today while mom, Naomi and I walked all the way home from the park pushing the stroller (9 blocks) I walked into a few people's yards to see what mom would say. I think she might be on to me because she didn't put up much of a fuss and I got far enough into the yard to feel uncomfortable (about 3 steps) and came back to her on the side walk.

I was also repeatedly distracted by rocks, sprinklers to run through and puddles to jump in. I'll have to focus more on that one as time goes on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now where does he get such a spirit of adventure?...

6/7/06 5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to strike out, Eliot! Well written, Sara! Nana

6/7/06 7:08 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

PS.

I tried out the boundaries on aunt Laurie today. I was upset that mama took my hard boiled egg toy away after I put it in my juice so I threw some yolk on the floor and fussed. Then I looked Laurie right in the eyes and flicked the last of the yolk off my fingers right on her. It seemed like she was having a hard time deciding if she was going to laugh or draw the line.

6/7/06 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats