Welcome to My Pity Party
I got up at 6am to go for a walk (yeah me I've done that 6 out of the last 7 days - life is so much better when I get this time for me) and Eliot woke up too so he came with me. He was fine. Sweet. Thrilled to be out. I wanted to walk by myself tho and not have to navigate curb cuts and say 'car' every 5 minutes.
I've been feeling super sad for Eliot. He has an awful runny nose cold with a deep chest cough. He seemed over it for the past few days so thing seemed okay.
Then Naomi woke up with a cough yesterday morning and we skipped church to listen to her tiny little self cough and see her little nose run and her sweet eyes run and her feel basically awful. We missed a ton of fun visitors at church and from what I hear a great sermon too.
Now I'm feeling sick and thought I coordinated the kids to sleep at the same time. Ha ha yeah right. I was just nodding off when Naomi woke up. I fed her and laid her back down to sleep some more. That was 2 1/2 hours ago. She is still awake and has spent a good chunk of the time Eliot has been asleep either crying or eating (oh and biting me and by me I mean 'the girls' that is her new thing in the past few days too).
Eliot just woke up and is upstairs patiently waiting for me to get to the reason I sat down to write this blog. I just sneezed and snot ran down my face to my chin. Remember in elementary school when that would happen. A whole face full of snot. Just a river of gooey snot all the way down your face. Yup. That's just what happened to me. I had to hold my hand under my chin as I walked to the bathroom for a tissue (also known as three feet of toilet paper since I can't seem to ever remember to put Kleenex on the grocery list).
Wow. I am sooooo fantastic.
Oh and GREAT. Naomi just felt asleep in the swing where I put her just before the 'snot incident' and now I guess I won't go do those important errands I planned to do when Eliot woke up.
I'm so glad I don't have a job. I'm so glad I don't have a job. No really. This is better than a job. I know it must be better than a job. At a job I would have had that snot thing in front of co-workers. This is much, much better. I'm sure its much, much better.
I've been feeling super sad for Eliot. He has an awful runny nose cold with a deep chest cough. He seemed over it for the past few days so thing seemed okay.
Then Naomi woke up with a cough yesterday morning and we skipped church to listen to her tiny little self cough and see her little nose run and her sweet eyes run and her feel basically awful. We missed a ton of fun visitors at church and from what I hear a great sermon too.
Now I'm feeling sick and thought I coordinated the kids to sleep at the same time. Ha ha yeah right. I was just nodding off when Naomi woke up. I fed her and laid her back down to sleep some more. That was 2 1/2 hours ago. She is still awake and has spent a good chunk of the time Eliot has been asleep either crying or eating (oh and biting me and by me I mean 'the girls' that is her new thing in the past few days too).
Eliot just woke up and is upstairs patiently waiting for me to get to the reason I sat down to write this blog. I just sneezed and snot ran down my face to my chin. Remember in elementary school when that would happen. A whole face full of snot. Just a river of gooey snot all the way down your face. Yup. That's just what happened to me. I had to hold my hand under my chin as I walked to the bathroom for a tissue (also known as three feet of toilet paper since I can't seem to ever remember to put Kleenex on the grocery list).
Wow. I am sooooo fantastic.
Oh and GREAT. Naomi just felt asleep in the swing where I put her just before the 'snot incident' and now I guess I won't go do those important errands I planned to do when Eliot woke up.
I'm so glad I don't have a job. I'm so glad I don't have a job. No really. This is better than a job. I know it must be better than a job. At a job I would have had that snot thing in front of co-workers. This is much, much better. I'm sure its much, much better.

7 Comments:
Oh, Sarie! This sounds very sad for you. It IS better than having two kids and working full time and being sick but that doesn't mean it's GREAT! I feel sorry for you and I hope you all feel better soon.
that snot funny
Didn't someone's mother tell us there would be days...daze...like this? Hang in there, babe! The sun will still be shining when you are able to get up from underground. Love you all! Vicki
Yuck Yuck Yuck Laur thats a knee slapper that is! Thanks for all the support women!
"Kleenex" is a registered trademark of the Kimberley-Clark Corporation.
I don't know. I think being home with two sick kids all day would be MUCH harder than going to work and coming home to two sick kids -- and believe me I have tried both. You go, Mama!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home