12.20.2006

How To Help Us

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of help I need and we need and as I figure it out I'll let you know. I asked the social worker what people usually need and she said the top two things are food and child care.

We would love to have food delivered to our house. Not having to cook for a while will really take the load off. Please feel free to stop by and leave it on our doorstep. Knock quietly on the door - if we don't answer we're not there, or we're sleeping or we're having a grand old time doing something we can't tear ourselves away from.

Our excellent neighbors Summer and Keith and Becky have agreed to take food too. You can knock on their door and if they're home leave it with them. If no one is home feel free to walk around the side of Keith and Summer and Becky's house and leave it inside their back gate. They'll get it to us (after sampling some of your fine cooking I'm sure:)

Please try to bring/leave food in containers we don't need to return. I'm just going to anticipate that it will be hard for me to remember to get something back to you.

I'm sure there are a gazillion things I need that I can't even think of now. I love hearing from people. Voice mails and emails of support and good humor are very welcome. Lately I don't seem to pick up the phone or respond to email unless its urgent. Know its welcome tho.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I emailed the co-op across from you and asked about gift cards (I figured cash on hand for juice and milk isn't all bad - especially that close by) and here's what he said:

Hi Dawn,

I would be happy to accomodate your request. We have both gift certificates and cards available for purchase. I would recommend a gift card as it can be used time and time again. There are several payment options available. You can mail a check to Seward Coop, Attn: Nick Seeberger, with a self addressed and stamped envelope and I can mail it out to you. Or you can call and give me your CC information and address and I can mail out a gift card or certificate. Ofcourse you can also stop by the store and we would be happy to help you. We can also hold on to the card here for your friends to pick-up if you wish. Let me know which option works best for you!

Cheers,

Nick Seeberger
Front End Manager
Seward Co-op
nseeberger@seward.coop


Dawn

23/12/06 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats