1.15.2007

Mama No Talk Eliot

They said steroids would turn our little angle into a teenager. Holy cow. I've heard the sentence 'Mama no talk Eliot' at least four times in the past twenty four hours. He wants to sit alone or with Naomi at the table and doesn't want me to sit there and talk to him. Its hard not to feel hurt. Okay. I admit it. I do feel a little hurt. A little surprised. A little bummed. A little elated. Every time he tells me to leave him alone I can either get something done or even better - blog. These windows to the future, when my kid will want space from me. When he'll outright need it are - well they're something. I don't know what they are. Interesting. Hard. Fun. Eye opening. None of those words are right. They're here. I'm seeing into the world of the parent of a teenager. Sort of. I'm noticing how my ego is a little more involved in being 'needed' than I realized. Yuck.

5 Comments:

Blogger wildknits said...

Ah, that is why adolescence usually takes a decade Plus to arrive. Gives you a bit more time to disengage (become less thrilled with) from being needed.

Wait, some day he will have a cell phone (or its equivilant in the future) and just hang up on you... beep, beep, beep.

Hang in there - take the breaks, you deserve it!

15/1/07 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teen's are a treat..but what you are going through sucks. And the man thing, I have decided they are very deaf when they choose to be. Claim they never heard a thing but if you whisper their name on the phone and they are in the garage they can hear. Ever notice that?

16/1/07 11:29 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

NO FAIR - you are supposed to get some nice little boy years before adolescence -- we called our son the 'evil twin' when he was at his worst. As in 'oh the evil twin is visiting today" -- prayers.

16/1/07 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is heart wrenching. I am dealing with after I say I love you to my 2 1/2 year old and she says back "no I can't love you Mommie." Now that hurts. Hang in there Sara Beth! This to shall pass!

17/1/07 9:05 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

"I'm noticing how my ego is a little more involved in being 'needed' than I realized"

We talk a big talk but it's hard when they start to push away. Maybe someday it'll feel great but he's so little. When the steroids are gone, Eliot will be back.

18/1/07 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats