3.08.2007

Meet Our Cancer Patient

I cut Eliot's hair tonight. I cut his silly long random bangs and hair. It didn't bother him. He goofed around with the brush I used to wet his hair down most of the time. I didn't anticipate that it would bother me. It did bother me. This is a tangible thing. I know, as if giving him oral chemo-therapy isn't tangible in a major fucking way. Cutting his hair and taking away what bangs he did have makes him look like, well, a cancer patient. His head looks rounder. His face looks brighter. I think he actually looks a lot better. He also looks a lot like a cancer patient.

I went out with a friend right after I cut his hair and when I came home I'd forgotten about it and it was shocking. So here is fair warning to the people who see Eliot regularly. He looks different. He looks, really different.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nora Czarnecki said...

Bald is so beautiful. You know Bill DeVoe would agree.I know that it's different, but Eliot is so amazing, Naomi is amazing, Aron is amazing and YOU SARA, YOU ARE AMAZING! Our prayers and thoughts are with your family always. The McGinleys are very special people, not only in my book but so many people's books and the fact that you are sharing this journey with all of us is truly wonderful. Thank you Sara.

8/3/07 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought this guy looked pretty good in bald:
http://www.tvacres.com/insects_crickets_grasshoppers_grass.htm

This guy, too. I almost got to meet him -- bottom picture:
http://www.zaltho.org/founder/bio.html

He looks great!

Dadder

9/3/07 8:21 AM  
Blogger Working Slob said...

He's still beautiful :)

9/3/07 12:08 PM  
Blogger Caminante said...

And he'll figure out something with his usual aplomb... as for you, dear parents, be gentle with yourselves.

12/3/07 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats