5.10.2007

Thursday Update

Today was Eliot's final does of the scary heart drug and a quick check up at the clinic.

They're still amazed by us. They're still amazed that Eliot hasn't been back to the hospital.

He is doing well on all of their measures but one.

His neutrophils are low so we need to be ultra careful about people with colds and risky germy situations.

We have steroids (which now have made him pretty much insane - its going to be a bit of a long week) for 6 more days. Then we get 7 days off.

If Eliot's neutrophils are still low they might put off the next part of his treatment. That would be fine. I'd be bummed if it happened because I'm so ready to be on to the next part.

Its not guaranteed to happen.

Its just a maybe.

Which would mean that June 21st wouldn't be the first day of maintenance.

It would just mean it would be put off a week or two.

This is really still great news. He does smile and have fun during the day. He has a lot of stomach aches and his knees hurt and he is consistently decisively indecisive.

He has gained 2 pounds and has a poof ball face and a big belly.

He is also healthy and at home.

And for that we are considered amazing. And for all of that I am grateful.

And I'm so tired right now I can't tell if this post makes sense or is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo and instead of trying to figure it out I'm going to bed now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I'm glad to hear that Eliot is still smiling. He's such a brave and strong little boy.

11/5/07 8:59 AM  
Blogger dawn224 said...

yay! see, the occasional mcdonalds is good for him!

ps - HI-larious avatar laurie :)

11/5/07 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats