4.28.2008

Update

Eliot is still in the hospital. All of his tests have come back negative (except the strep throat culture which just needs more time). Lots of negatives are a good thing.

He clearly feels fine. Except for the fact that he is tired and cooped up beyond belief.

He wants to wander into the hall and do something. He can't. He is in isolation.

I wonder why he can't run around in the hall when he is sharing the same stale air as everyone.

Oh the mysteries of the medical deal.

So its all good news today.

The earliest they imagine discharging him is Wednesday. I'm going to beg and plead for Tuesday evening.

Every day is expensive and boring and dumb and they still haven't given me a reason to believe that he is in better shape there, bored, being woken up and kept up, eating salty, crap food than he would be at home running around, having fun, sleeping and eating decent food.

The only reason I've been given is a reason I haven't really been given.

And this is it in all of its dumb ass glory:

"If we let him go home and the 1 in a million thing happens and he gets hurt you'll sue us."

Thats the only reason I can manage to find that makes sense to keep him there.

When we sit down with our usual doctors I'm going to make them give me a reason better than that.

All of these great people saved Eliot's life.

And for that I am grateful.

All of what we're going through right now seems dumb to me. And for that I am not grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats