a first word?
I just went to get Eliot up from his nap and my shirt was a little crooked because I'd just nursed Naomi. I had a meeting this morning so I actually took a shower and had clothes, clothes on - not sweat pants and a spit up covered t-shirt from races with years from the 90's on it.
When I leaned over to get Eliot's blanket from his crib he noticed my bra strap - and lets just say he doesn't notice things like that under my shirts very often 'cause they're - well - not there very much. So he pointed to it and looked at me like 'what is THAT mom?'
And I said 'bra' in the same tone I use to name random insects, food items and trucks every day. And as clear as could be Eliot said 'bra.' Just like that 'bra'.
So although Eliot is saying new 'words' hourly - such as 'toe' for potatoe, and 'niiiiiiiii' for Naomi, and 'bu' for bus etc etc etc, he has one word he has said loud and clear. Bra.
I guess I'll just rejoice that it wasn't shit.
When I leaned over to get Eliot's blanket from his crib he noticed my bra strap - and lets just say he doesn't notice things like that under my shirts very often 'cause they're - well - not there very much. So he pointed to it and looked at me like 'what is THAT mom?'
And I said 'bra' in the same tone I use to name random insects, food items and trucks every day. And as clear as could be Eliot said 'bra.' Just like that 'bra'.
So although Eliot is saying new 'words' hourly - such as 'toe' for potatoe, and 'niiiiiiiii' for Naomi, and 'bu' for bus etc etc etc, he has one word he has said loud and clear. Bra.
I guess I'll just rejoice that it wasn't shit.

4 Comments:
LOL! Definitely could be worse:)
Based on this word, is it too early to guess that he won't be gay? :)
make sure you tell that story to the first date Eliot brings home
I guess its hard to tell if that first date might be a boy or a girl - either way - I'm sure it will be one of those things he tells his therapist about - my mom wrote this bra thing on the computer when i was a year and a half old and then told every single date since -
Post a Comment
<< Home