Who Needs Toys When You Have a Toilet
Just now Eliot crawled up on the toilet (which made him giggle like crazy) and realized that the lid on the back part (is that the bowl - I don't think that's the bowl) made a noise when he touched it and it rocked a little. So he stood up there giggling his little guts out and making that noise and looking quite proud of himself.
It was silly and fun and one of those moments when I know exactly why I'm a mom and I laughed and then cried.
I'm not sure that moment would have made such a mark or even made me cry if I hadn't just been opening and closing windows in preparation for his nap (yeah! its so warm we have open windows) and thinking about how the energy auditor guy said that air is a liquid. It finds the path of least resistance and takes it. Just as I was thinking about that Eliot was happily looking out the window and laughing and I thought to myself that kids are like liquid too. When Naomi was born and I wasn't sleeping and Aron had a lot of long days and days out of town and I was recovering from surgery Eliot pretty much had to whine to get my attention - and he did. And now we're working at breaking that habit (which of course we pretty much took care of and then he got sick and had to whine to get my attention in the car and so we're working on it again).
Goodness I use a lot of parenthesis. Or should I say (Goodness I use a lot of parenthesis).
It was silly and fun and one of those moments when I know exactly why I'm a mom and I laughed and then cried.
I'm not sure that moment would have made such a mark or even made me cry if I hadn't just been opening and closing windows in preparation for his nap (yeah! its so warm we have open windows) and thinking about how the energy auditor guy said that air is a liquid. It finds the path of least resistance and takes it. Just as I was thinking about that Eliot was happily looking out the window and laughing and I thought to myself that kids are like liquid too. When Naomi was born and I wasn't sleeping and Aron had a lot of long days and days out of town and I was recovering from surgery Eliot pretty much had to whine to get my attention - and he did. And now we're working at breaking that habit (which of course we pretty much took care of and then he got sick and had to whine to get my attention in the car and so we're working on it again).
Goodness I use a lot of parenthesis. Or should I say (Goodness I use a lot of parenthesis).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home