6.21.2006

The Naomi Resolution


Despite an incredibly intense day of still responding to the Windsor Report we managed to get some legislation passed. Part of that legislation was the resolution asking for child care from birth to age twelve at the next General Convention and all conventions in the future. The resolution passed unanimously from what I can tell. The committee spoke about the resolution and talked about how they named it the Naomi resolution. People all day were talking about the "Naomi resolution" when we walked by. Although it was shadowed by so many other things today I'm really glad to see that Naomi's presence has made a positive effect on the future experience of infants and parents alike at General Convention.

ps - right now she is laying on the bed laughing and talking - I think she is beyond tired and although I feel sad for her its pretty incredibly cute.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Ha! That's so great. When she attends as a deputy she'll stop by the daycare area and be like, "Hi I'm Naomi. You know, of the Naomi Resolution."

22/6/06 6:23 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

yeah - goodness isn't that a crazy thought - a kid who walks and talks all by herself and looks a little like me and a little like aron and a lot like her auntie laurie going into a child care area woah - that kind of blows my mind

22/6/06 1:03 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

5 months old and already famous!

22/6/06 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats