7.13.2006

Rolling Over

Little Naomi has been rolling over now for, well, I'm embarrassed to say it (could I say it just happened yesterday). Okay she has been rolling over now for, well, I've lost count. She has been rolling over for ahhh, 5-7 days now. We lay her down for a nap and she rolls onto her belly. Yesterday I had a babysitter with Eliot for a few hours so I could do some work and she of course woke up about 3 minutes after I started working and laid on the bed next to me most of the time and rolled around.

I haven't seen her roll from her front to her back which I find pretty amazing. I remember that roll being Eliot's first and it being a while before he mastered the back to front roll. Naomi has quite a method. She puts her feet in the air (straight up - that alone amazes me - try that - its hard) and then lets them roll to her left, her whole body rolls and she flattens out, sucks her thumb and goes to sleep.

Its amazing - these milestones. When Eliot was doing this I felt like it was pretty cool and like I was supposed to find it cool. If I'm going to be completely honest here I don't really, truly find it all that amazing to see a human being roll over after being alive for several months. With Naomi and the faster pace of life when she did this roll-over thing it did feel more amazing to me. It wasn't the kind of thing to write a blog about apparently and it was pretty darn cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats