Eliot's First Kayak Ride
Eliot and Aron spent some time out in their funny plastic kayaks. There were two boys there who spent huge quantities of time out in these things with their very energetic and saint-like grandma. They were 8 and 10 years old. It is practically incomprehensible to me that Eliot will be able to maneuver one of these things on his own in so few years.

2 Comments:
They did better than we did on our vacation. Given my poor abilities at swimming & kayaking (only have done the latter once & came frightengly close to being capsized by the wake of a huge ferry in Stockholm Sweden), I knew in my head everything was 99.9% sure to be fine, but emotionally didn't want to deal w/ being responsible for the saftey of 3 or 6 year old in a situation where I could potentially have enough trouble being responsible for myself. So I drew my line, said no & pretty much dug my heels in. My husband and 6 year old went. They were out long enough for me to get a nice picture or 2 of them. Then they returned to shore, soon enough that the staff waived the rental charges, unable to convince the 6 year old of any way to conquer fear enough to continue. Maybe another time if I put on a brave front we'll all rise to the occassion.
that is so cool you took him in a kayak!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home