9.02.2006

Vacation Sweet Sweet Vacation


We just had the BEST vacation I ever remember having. Not only was the place great - The Gunflint Lodge in Grand Marais, MN (the other side of the lake was Canada) it was perfectly timed (can you say BURNOUT CENTRAL around here before we left) and the weather was unbelievable!

I also had a few gigantic epiphanies such as

1) money is just money - it doesn't need to be more than that
2) my husband is a great dad

Okay so I knew both of those things and there is lots to say about the money thing but that's for later - the husband thing I knew and after spending most of a week on the beach with a bunch of other dads it really hit home.

So many of the other dads sat around helplessly barking at their kids about what they couldn't do and never actually told them what they could do. And they rarely sat down on the ground and actually DID anything with their kids. Aron and Eliot spent hours (literally hours) sitting on the beach throwing rocks and talking about what they saw going by - ducks, boats, canoes (news), geese etc etc etc.

So thank you God - I mean really thank you God for an awesome vacation, awesome weather and and awesome husband and dad (who is mighty cute too!).

REMINDER - I'm changing my blog in a week or so - if you want permission when I switch to the private blog thing please email me at saramcginley@gmail.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, this is "carla" (from Triple M's class) and i really enjoy reading your blog along with Isadora's. I was wondering if you would continue to let me look at it once it becomes privte?

2/9/06 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your children have a GREAT Dad and a GREAT Mom! How fortunate for them. Nana

4/9/06 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats