9.07.2006

Toddler Fun

Isadora brought her parents and wonderfully behaved brother over to play this afternoon and holy cow we had a great time. Eliot and Isadora played together. They played hide and seek. They hung from Naomi's chair. They played wheelbarrow with their dads. Don't get me wrong they've been playing together for weeks now. Actually playing so we don't really need to watch them or interact and can actually TALK to each other (well in that way that parents talk to each other - you know 'So what was I saying before I left the room to get a bowl of applesauce that is now being thrown on the floor? Oh yeah and then I found a cup of rotten milk in my underwear drawer. Oh wait a sec, big stinkin' poop here').

Tonight was so cool. Eliot was running somewhere and literally ran into Isadora who was hiding behind a curtain. It was awesome when he realized it was actually her he was running into. And then he wanted to play hide and seek.

Its so wonderful to see them interact with each other in ways that haven't been engineered by us in any way.

HONESTY MOMENT HERE
I'm distracted as I write this.

I'm watching an old Scrubs right now and they're talking about an epiphany toilet and its really, really funny and its almost 9:30 pm and I'm going to hit publish now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,

You are so funny. I love your wrinting and your musings.

And Sara, when I saw that scrubs episode, I immediatly thought of you.

10/9/06 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats