Two Cs of Infanthood
Naomi figured out Cheerios last night. First she couldn't pick them up. Then she picked up one and couldn't figure out how to let go of it in her mouth. Then she managed to get a few in her mouth. Then she realized she could pick up a whole handful and deposit them in her mouth. My guess is that 1 of 4 Cheerios that I put on the table makes it to her stomach. Two of those 4 get sufficiently slobbery and stick to her clothes or my clothes or the floor or her face. The other 1 makes it to the floor where I undoubtedly step on it, smashing it to a Cheerios dust that will most likely still be floating around this house in 20 years.
Naomi also figured out crawling today. Until now she has pretty much been able to get her knees moving forward. She would move both knees and they would end up right behind her hands and she'd hold that for a second and then face plant onto the floor.
Today her hands started going forward too. Inevitably once in a while one hand would go forward and land on the other hand- thus causing more face first dives into the hard wood floor (accurate sound effect could be produced by dropping a bowling ball from 12-18 inches off the floor and then screaming your head off for a few minutes).
Naomi also figured out crawling today. Until now she has pretty much been able to get her knees moving forward. She would move both knees and they would end up right behind her hands and she'd hold that for a second and then face plant onto the floor.
Today her hands started going forward too. Inevitably once in a while one hand would go forward and land on the other hand- thus causing more face first dives into the hard wood floor (accurate sound effect could be produced by dropping a bowling ball from 12-18 inches off the floor and then screaming your head off for a few minutes).

2 Comments:
Two biggies in one day ... wow! My "babies" are 21 and 24 now and when we were packing up stuff to give to the Katrina-Relief-Rummage Sale last year I found a ziploc bag of Cheerios in an old purse I was putting in the rummage pile. Yeow!
I'm convinced Cheerios have no half life: scientific minds are welcome to weigh in on that one.
Congratulations, Naomi!
And, revsusan - that's so fantastic! Now I don't feel so bad about the two-year-old teething biscuits I found in the pocket of my jacket. (They were 1/2 eaten, to boot!)
Post a Comment
<< Home