Exerpt from my Mother of the Year Application
Please describe in 200 words or less why you think you should receive the Mother of the Year Award.
Almost exactly 2 weeks ago right now I said to my son who had been crying off and on for 4 days that life could be worse - he could have cancer. That is a direct quote. Yup. That's what I said to my kid whose hemoglobin was so low if he were an adult he'd probably be dead. Quality. True quality.
Almost exactly 2 weeks ago right now I said to my son who had been crying off and on for 4 days that life could be worse - he could have cancer. That is a direct quote. Yup. That's what I said to my kid whose hemoglobin was so low if he were an adult he'd probably be dead. Quality. True quality.

7 Comments:
Mother-of-the-year Award bestowed! You deserve it.
Your response to this shocking news was incredible. No matter how you may have felt inside, your beautiful son never saw or felt anything but love and support. Your caring, decisive actions are a credit to you as Mother-of-the-Year! Wear your crown with pride.
You made fun out of icky situations by comparing Eliot to his favorite vehicles from CARS. You allowed him to be Eliot, the playful 2-year-old, in the midst of a very difficult situation. You remembered his favorite dish, toys and foods. You remembered Eliot!
You were concerned for your 11-month-old daughter during this time as well. You allowed her to have play group time and Mommy time - regular Naomi time!
Congratulations, Mother-of-the-Year! We are all proud of you.
Nana and Papa
oh geez --- that sounds so much like what most of us would have said. Laughing and crying.
Sara- Reading your posts I am inspired and amazed every single day. Your mothering skills are something I think I will never be able to emulate no matter how hard I try. Your ability to be real as you are in this post (and the reflections in all your posts) is truly admirable and Eliot and Naomi will profit from it in a big way. Sending many blessings your way from Virginia.
sara, thank you so much for letting u s be part of this journey. I feel honored to be included in this very thin place with you all. you are an incredible mother, and I am so inpired by your courage, your honesty, and your willingness to be real when you might rather be brave or cheerful or whatever. Thank you, and a blessed new year.
Word. An off-handed comment that will stay with you forever.
You have my vote for Mother of the Year. You've been awesome, Sara, absolutely awesome.
I am so deeply honored to know you and your family.
Know that prayers continue to ascend daily.
We have raised four kids been through illness, never like this.. and have said things to them that we still chew at times.(like a cow)We thought you were amazing when we met you and you went to the convention with Namoi...I am in awe of you and Aron, to say nothing about Eliot.
gloria and george
Post a Comment
<< Home