
So much more happens in the hospital than being sick and getting treatments. I don't know why I never realized that before now. Yesterday was a day of waiting. We waited for the final info from the bone marrow biopsy (which had zero
surprises good or bad - which is good news). We watched the movie
Cars twice, we played in the play room, we read, we put fun Christmas stickers on the window, we watched the tractor shovel the snow that finally fell yesterday. We went to bed late and while Eliot slept they gave him his first round of chemo therapy. Its really not (so far) the dramatic thing I expected. I'm sure the side effects especially his hair falling out will feel much more dramatic. He'll also be on
steroids for the next 30 days which will cause his face to puff up and will most likely cause him to get really hungry and he'll most likely gain some weight. His face is already puffy tho - I'm not sure you can tell in this picture. They've given him so much liquid that he has gained something like 2 pounds and he is a big
Buddha belly boy. Its mazing to me. He looks kind of funny. His eyes are puffy, his cheeks are puffy, sometimes his lips aren't uniformly puffy. Still, I'm stunned by what a cute kid he is. He is so sweet and smart and resilient and funny.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home