1.24.2007

Happy Dance

Yeah! Yippie! Yahooey! Woo Hoo! Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Arm Pumps! High Knees! Wiggle your Boo Tay!

Eliot is in remission. Real. Official. Super Duper Extra Special Specific Remission!

Give me an R - R
Give me an E - E
Give me an M - M
Give me an I - I
Give me an S - S
Give me another S - another S
Give me an I - I
Give me and O - O
Give me an N - N

Whats that spell?

Extra super duper official REMISSION!!!

They can't find leukemic cells in Eliot's bone marrow or spinal fluid. This is the absolute best news we could get (well other than - oh hahahah you're M-TVs new reality tv show - fuck with your life and see if you snap - you're kid's been perfectly healthy all along).

Eliot has Standard low Pre-B Acute Lymphosomething Leuemia he is a rapid responder with a low risk. This means he'll have the least intense treatment and if I heard correctly the shortest too.

Woo hoooeyyyy!!!

He'll start his next phase of treatment tomorrow (called intensification). They'll give him chemo in his spinal cord, he'll get vincristine (a kind of chemo) through his port, he' might receive pre-asperiginase in his legs and he'll start on oral chemo (which he'll take by mouth twice a day in a syringe).

After this phase which I think lasts about a month he'll be in a phase called something like interim maintenance - he'll have less intense treatment for a while. Then he'll go into another more intense phase and then into maintenance (which should start no later than the end of June).

Arm pumps baby. Arm pumps!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

dawn

24/1/07 3:49 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

that's great news!

24/1/07 4:21 PM  
Blogger SUSAN RUSSELL said...

Wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL news!

Apple Martinis tonight to celebrate and hugs all around!

24/1/07 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great is that!!!

Dadder

24/1/07 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Sara :)

Rachel

24/1/07 7:08 PM  
Blogger joie said...

I'm doing liturgical dances with armpumps ;-)

24/1/07 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best news we've heard all day!!!

24/1/07 8:46 PM  
Blogger wildknits said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

24/1/07 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!!
auntie donna

24/1/07 10:22 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Celebrate, celebrate ... dance to the music! Mom

25/1/07 3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God as we say so often

25/1/07 9:06 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Yeeehah ya hooo weeeee!

25/1/07 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The llamas are dancing in Peru! Praise the Lord!
Gramma K.

25/1/07 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You made our day!

25/1/07 7:36 PM  
Blogger Caminante said...

God is good. I am so pleased. The air is warm in my heart even though it's minus 15 out in Vermont.

25/1/07 9:58 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

I am so happy for you! Way to kick ass and take names... you go Eliot!

26/1/07 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats