Tee Hee Hee. Tee Hee Hee. Tee Hee Hee.
One of my children used a crayon to color part of the floor and the bathroom door today. One threw about 40 blocks all over the dining room floor. One played quietly by themselves for a long time. So did the other. One skipped a nap. One tried to initiate a squealing exchange at lunch. One wasn't interested. One played peek-a-boo around the milk carton, the other one played too. One sat and giggled with me for well over 20 minutes just now as I made faces. One has been giggling at just about everything today. One figured out that you can walk around holding onto the wall. One climbed the wall. One had the baby doll and then the other baby doll climb the wall. One wanted to see all the mouse droppings behind the refrigerator.
A week ago if I could have read this post I would have guessed Naomi was the giggling, squealing, poop intrigued, peek-a-boo playing, wall climbing activity girl. Not today tho. Eliot has laughed and laughed and giggled and squealed all day. Naomi has been rather sedate (by comparison to her super happy big brother) - except of course when she discovered the amazing stationary quality of the wall - and an hour earlier when the dining room chair she was using to hold herself up got caught on the table.
Parenting just got utterly and completely different. Not only do I now have a toddler - Naomi is so close to walking (and I'm assuming running shortly thereafter) - instead of a baby. I also have a kid who has the energy and interest in activities of a two and a half year old. Eliot's intensity is now energetic too.
I feel like a door opened this morning. We're on to a new stage. Another new normal. A really, fun, silly, energetic, delightful normal. I keep crying about it its so f'ing fantastic.
A week ago if I could have read this post I would have guessed Naomi was the giggling, squealing, poop intrigued, peek-a-boo playing, wall climbing activity girl. Not today tho. Eliot has laughed and laughed and giggled and squealed all day. Naomi has been rather sedate (by comparison to her super happy big brother) - except of course when she discovered the amazing stationary quality of the wall - and an hour earlier when the dining room chair she was using to hold herself up got caught on the table.
Parenting just got utterly and completely different. Not only do I now have a toddler - Naomi is so close to walking (and I'm assuming running shortly thereafter) - instead of a baby. I also have a kid who has the energy and interest in activities of a two and a half year old. Eliot's intensity is now energetic too.
I feel like a door opened this morning. We're on to a new stage. Another new normal. A really, fun, silly, energetic, delightful normal. I keep crying about it its so f'ing fantastic.

1 Comments:
I hope lots of things get to normal soon!
Papa
Post a Comment
<< Home