1.20.2007

The Ant Farm

While playing in the play room at the hospital Eliot and I were checking out the fish aquarium. I was thinking how cool it would be to have fish to watch during chemo treatments and then thought we could get a beta and then realized one fish swimming around is not only not that terribly interesting but also not practical to bring to the clinic. Then I started wondering what would be fun to watch and thought of an ant farm.

I called my sister Laurie and the super geek and super organized delegater that she is she produced an ant farm (the very one you see pictured above) - thank you Dale! We waited for a few weeks for the ants to show up. They arrived on Wednesday (in the mail in a little envelope) and even came to the clinic with us this week). Eliot and the rest of us too - sometimes I think I enjoy them more than Eliot) really enjoys watching them.

Did you know all the ants in a colony are females. They produce males solely for mating and the males die shortly after mating. Hmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats