They Played. I Cried.




My kids played together today. They actually played! They sat in the living room today very near each other on the floor and played. The way a 2 1/2 year old (exactly) and a year old (almost exactly). Eliot played with some trucks and Naomi played with - well - she played with everything else.
Later they sat at the dining room table and Eliot told her about the trains on the Thomas the Train web site. He even goofed around with her and leaned in and put his forehead on her forehead and smiled.
I cried. I cried. I didn't cry. I balled my eyes out in the kitchen when I saw it. Tears fell.
Such a simple everyday thing that hasn't happened in over a month around here.
Praise God and the gods of no more steroids.

3 Comments:
What's so funny is they look like they could be having that conversation you wrote up the other day which was way cool.
That's what I was thinking too!
Dawn
What a beautiful moment....I would have done the same thing.
Doreen
Post a Comment
<< Home