2.04.2007

Going Private Again - this time for real

So I just typed saramcginley and eliotandnaomi into google and found a few too many links and amazingly a lot of conservative church blogs talking about me. Its fine if people talk about ME not fine if they talk about my kids.

So here is the deal. I'm turning this blog into a private blog soon. I'll leave saramcginley.blogspot.com public and put my thoughts about mothering back over here.

Please email me at saramcginley at gmail dot com to request access. I'm more than happy to give you access unless you're a freak show or a slanderer or put a picture of my kid on your blog in a way that annoys me and don't even tell me you've done it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Caminante said...

Oh dear... Lydia from SC. Umhm, across the aisle from Vermont. Sorry that those GC memories have resurfaced and, yes, sorry that your dear child should pop up on someone else's blog w/o permission. I still think that your witness with Naomi was the most powerful thing to happen in all that sorry affair over the Windsor Report. We Vermonters were in tears listening to you. Lee

4/2/07 10:13 PM  
Blogger JJ Thorp said...

Hmmm Sara...the universe has bigger plans for you than you have for yourself.

- kerry

4/2/07 11:08 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

What a "jerk-y" thing to do to you and Naomi.

5/2/07 7:46 PM  
Blogger Kourtney said...

I am absolutely horrified for you! I think it is extra-super creepy that she calls you a "representative from Minnesota" yet calls your daughter by name. Ick.

5/2/07 8:08 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

unacceptable. You want me to unleash my profanity on her?

6/2/07 8:16 AM  
Blogger SUSAN RUSSELL said...

So I just got through the "sign in" process but couldn't figure out how to sign in as "me" -- I guess I don't have a Google account yet and need to fix that. But Harvey and Luna do so I signed in as them.

And THEY think it sucks that you have to go to these lengths but given what shows up on their mom's blog they're not surprised!

Blessings!

6/2/07 9:13 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I respect your choice S, but respectfully and lovingly disagree with your decision. As someone who was just attacked (granted - I don't have a set of small people that I have to care for and I am not quite the well known gal in TEC that you are), I understand what is means to have some whack-a-doo steal part of you (your heart, your words, your childrens photo etc.). How many people have found you and your blog through friends? Through just hearing about you? By accident? You have no idea how many people you have touched and inspired. And by going private and having a "club" of people that can read you, you are depriving many many others who may never hear your voice, or the authentic voice of the Gospel in the way that you deliver it. All because of some people who do not deserve to have this kind of power over the light. They are darkness dwellers, and you are letting them win. Disappointing. Your light is far too needed. I will look for you over at saramcginley, but needed to share this. No hard feelings. Bless you.

6/2/07 9:57 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I've just spent the last 25 minutes looking up slander and libel laws, photography in public places privacy laws and writing three versions of scathing emails and blog posts.

Before I sent them I went back to the post and read it again. I realized that it is not a Christian value to mock people who are so clearly altered and damaged.

Instead, I said a prayer for Lydia Evans.

"May Lydia grow in compassion and understanding. May her daughter Henslee never fall in love with a woman and have to tell her mother. May all the members of Lydia's congregation hold her and help her gain greater understanding - and respect for privacy!"

Amen.

6/2/07 10:34 AM  
Blogger Foston said...

Sorry to have you feel that you have to go private. Though we have considered doing the same. We will continue to read your blog daily. Its prolly for the best anyway. There are some creepy folks out there, and its not fun to censor just to keep John Q Creepy from getting too much info.



Brad

6/2/07 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
What a fuckershit.

Sara BM

7/2/07 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats