Health Update
We went in this morning for Eliot's scheduled spinal tap (to get some chemo in his spinal fluid) and start this phase (or stage or whatever they call it) of his treatment (called consolidation). This is the treatment he didn't get last week because his blood counts were too low.
His counts were within the acceptable range (he had 800 neutrophils and needed 750) so he got the spinal tap with methotrexate and then we went to the clinic for his push of vincristine. We'll start him on his oral chemo tonight. Its called mercaptopurine and the only reason I'm remembering all of these things is because I have some paper in front of me on which they are written.
His liver numbers were back into a nice happy range. Yeah!
For a day Aron and I anticipated would be pretty crazy it was a pretty nice time. Aron talked sports with the doctor. The only crying happened when they needed to open Eliot's shirt to put the needle into his port and then take it off. Eliot slept through most of the time he needed to lay down after his spinal tap. We had some good games and had a good time.
They also said (this is a direct quote) Eliot is 'above the board' as far as his health. They are very happy with how he is doing. They said many children have already been in and out of the hospital again by the time they get to this part of their treatment.
Keep the prayers coming. They're working. I really. Really. Believe they are.
His counts were within the acceptable range (he had 800 neutrophils and needed 750) so he got the spinal tap with methotrexate and then we went to the clinic for his push of vincristine. We'll start him on his oral chemo tonight. Its called mercaptopurine and the only reason I'm remembering all of these things is because I have some paper in front of me on which they are written.
His liver numbers were back into a nice happy range. Yeah!
For a day Aron and I anticipated would be pretty crazy it was a pretty nice time. Aron talked sports with the doctor. The only crying happened when they needed to open Eliot's shirt to put the needle into his port and then take it off. Eliot slept through most of the time he needed to lay down after his spinal tap. We had some good games and had a good time.
They also said (this is a direct quote) Eliot is 'above the board' as far as his health. They are very happy with how he is doing. They said many children have already been in and out of the hospital again by the time they get to this part of their treatment.
Keep the prayers coming. They're working. I really. Really. Believe they are.

3 Comments:
THEY ARE COMING EVERY DAY FROM US
Such fabulous news. Nana
thinking of you guys
Post a Comment
<< Home