Scared
I'm scared Naomi is going to get or already has leukemia. They say she has a slightly higher risk of getting it than the average kid. They say she probably won't get it. They say if lots of people in our family had blood cancers she would be at risk. Lots of people in our family don't have blood cancers. Few people in our family even have cancer. Still. With Naomi's mystery fever this week (which managed to go away by the next morning and leave behind just a kind of tired, kind of clingy kid) I got scared. What if this is the beginning - Eliot's leukemia became apparent first with crabbiness then a little fever. I check her legs for the tell tale purple-y dots. I pray. She is healthy. She is healthy. She is a healthy kid. Thank God she is a healthy kid.

3 Comments:
Oh Sarie! She's OK. She's healthy. She's so very very spunky healthy.
This has nothing to do wiht what's happening in you neck of the woods, but we are having a type of influenza causing pretty good fevers (i.e. 100, 101, 102).
glad Naomi's fever only lasted a night.
aunt donna
Sara- As you wrote and know deep down, Naomi is very healthy. Take heart. I will admit that the same fears would keep me up at night but I am completely neurotic. Naomi is a bright, healthy, bad- ass chick!! And we will all pray that she will continue to become more and more bad-ass.
Post a Comment
<< Home