Pritty
Eliot colored on his 'girlfriend' Sally today with marker and when he showed it to me he said, 'Sally pritty.' I said I thought she was pretty too. Then a little quiet moment went by and he said, 'Mama pritty.'
Clearly this kid sees through to a person's soul because I was literally wearing my pajamas at 3 in the afternoon, my hair was a mess, I hadn't showered or brushed my teeth. I wasn't looking terribly pretty. I wasn't even wearing a bra, my poor girls are just holding on for dear life.
Words can't say what that was like. I never, ever anticipated a lot of things I've experienced in my life lately. This is one of them. It never occurred to me that my 2 and a half year old would call me pretty. Certainly not right after he called his most beloved Sally pretty.
Shit. The beauty and wonder of these kids is never ending.
Clearly this kid sees through to a person's soul because I was literally wearing my pajamas at 3 in the afternoon, my hair was a mess, I hadn't showered or brushed my teeth. I wasn't looking terribly pretty. I wasn't even wearing a bra, my poor girls are just holding on for dear life.
Words can't say what that was like. I never, ever anticipated a lot of things I've experienced in my life lately. This is one of them. It never occurred to me that my 2 and a half year old would call me pretty. Certainly not right after he called his most beloved Sally pretty.
Shit. The beauty and wonder of these kids is never ending.

2 Comments:
Oh oooooooh hohhohhhhoh! HAHA! Your 'poor girls' must've been in great need of some recognition and acknowledgment. Between reading this and previously about Frankenstein Naomi, you've made me seriously belly laugh over here in CA. Makes me kinda miss them (your kids, I mean, not your girls).
sara, do you remember our babysitter who we called Pretty? I don't even remember her real name, I just remember that we all thought she was a supermodel.
Post a Comment
<< Home