And Now I Fall Apart
So Eliot is basically bald. He actually got rug burn on the top of his head tonight from doing his 'moving yoga' on his bedroom carpet. Yes my child is bald and that doesn't really make me cry. He is also happy and doing well. So at least so far I haven't cried about that.
He talks about his port all the time. Tonight he said he didn't want Mama or Daddy to touch his port. He talks about his babies port. We found a scene in Cars when Doc gives the Sheriff medicine in his port and he watched it over and over and over again yesterday and today. So my kid understands and talks about a major medical thing that is stuck in his chest next to his heart. That doesn't make me cry. At least it hasn't yet.
We give him poison before bed every night. Yup. Right after changing his diaper and right before brushing his teeth. I have to hear my kid tell me that it tastes yucky and still make him take it anyway. That royally blows. Still I haven't cried about it.
Tonight I saw a commercial for going RVing. A seven year old sat in the back of an RV and saw the country and brought home a bunch of memories. That made me cry. Yup tears. Over an RV commercial. Someday Eliot will be 7. He'll see things that make an impression on him. He won't forget those things. They'll be good things.
My kid is going to live to be 7. He'll live to remember wayyyy back when he was 7.
Well I'm crying now. Again. Goodness.
He talks about his port all the time. Tonight he said he didn't want Mama or Daddy to touch his port. He talks about his babies port. We found a scene in Cars when Doc gives the Sheriff medicine in his port and he watched it over and over and over again yesterday and today. So my kid understands and talks about a major medical thing that is stuck in his chest next to his heart. That doesn't make me cry. At least it hasn't yet.
We give him poison before bed every night. Yup. Right after changing his diaper and right before brushing his teeth. I have to hear my kid tell me that it tastes yucky and still make him take it anyway. That royally blows. Still I haven't cried about it.
Tonight I saw a commercial for going RVing. A seven year old sat in the back of an RV and saw the country and brought home a bunch of memories. That made me cry. Yup tears. Over an RV commercial. Someday Eliot will be 7. He'll see things that make an impression on him. He won't forget those things. They'll be good things.

My kid is going to live to be 7. He'll live to remember wayyyy back when he was 7.
Well I'm crying now. Again. Goodness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home