Happy Anniversary Eliot
3 years ago today Eliot was baptized. On that day I had big plans for celebrating this day every year. We were given a candle that day and told to light it each year in memory of his baptism.
That candle has never been lit.
I just keep not setting the day aside in any meaningful way.
3 years ago we watched the most amazing northern lights ever. That was in Duluth. Eliot was our only kid. It was Howard Anderson's last day at St. Paul's Episcopal Church.
Life was awfully different.
Today we have two kids (one of which insisted on sleeping in her bed NAKED tonight), we're in Minneapolis, we're not in Duluth, Eliot is in remission for a disease that 3 years ago I thought would kill ME if I had to face it.
Happy Anniversary Eliot, boy of the stars, moon and magical night sky.
That candle has never been lit.
I just keep not setting the day aside in any meaningful way.
3 years ago we watched the most amazing northern lights ever. That was in Duluth. Eliot was our only kid. It was Howard Anderson's last day at St. Paul's Episcopal Church.
Life was awfully different.
Today we have two kids (one of which insisted on sleeping in her bed NAKED tonight), we're in Minneapolis, we're not in Duluth, Eliot is in remission for a disease that 3 years ago I thought would kill ME if I had to face it.
Happy Anniversary Eliot, boy of the stars, moon and magical night sky.

1 Comments:
an idea...kids love birthday celebrations so, when our kids were little we began to celebrate their baptisms and light their candles at one celebration. We chose Christmas for this, got a cake to celebrate Jesus' birthday and their "birth" into the Christian community. We talked about their baptisms, sang happy birthday to Jesus and they each got to blow out their own baptismal candles that were at their places by the table.
Happy Anniversary Eliot!
Post a Comment
<< Home