12.21.2007

From my mom




Fond memories I recall are
frequent requests to go see the light rail
going to the coffee shop to have - bananas
walking down Frankling Street headed for the co-op to buy Mama some tea
listening for wind chimes and checking out favorite flowers on Milwaukee Avenue

Often Eliot would often ask me to sing about pasta as we walked down Franklin.

Choose your own tune ...
I love my pasta from the co-op
I love it with red sauce on the top
I love it when Mama makes a mountain (of spaghetti)
I eat it with my special tiny fork - yum!

I'd insist on hearing "Yum" or I wouldn't sing any more. His first
responses were so quiet and vacant that Naomi would often answer for
him. Eliot eventually felt good enough to holler "Yum!"

I had the priviledge of spending Naomi's first birthday with her...
sending her Mama an e-mail about it ... and making cupcakes for her. A
true priviledge.

I particularly remember the moment when Eliot was playing with the
train. We had all been trying to get him to be a little more active.
The train set and cars sure came in handy!

Certainly a year filled with horror and sadness - but many great moments, too.
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it.
Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats