Fingernails
I clipped Eliot's fingernails this morning for the first time in a very long time.
In his life he hasn't really had very substantial fingernails. They used to get to a certain length and then just peel off. I think his little body was trying so hard to keep his brain and heart working that it didn't put much energy into making fingernails.
That could be a bunch of BS. I really don't know what I'm talking about.
What I do know is that this morning I clipped actual, real, long fingernails off of Eliot and it felt like just the kind of normal, regular thing a mom should do.
It wasn't normal or regular. And it was normal and regular.
Gosh it was wonderful.
In his life he hasn't really had very substantial fingernails. They used to get to a certain length and then just peel off. I think his little body was trying so hard to keep his brain and heart working that it didn't put much energy into making fingernails.
That could be a bunch of BS. I really don't know what I'm talking about.
What I do know is that this morning I clipped actual, real, long fingernails off of Eliot and it felt like just the kind of normal, regular thing a mom should do.
It wasn't normal or regular. And it was normal and regular.
Gosh it was wonderful.

2 Comments:
So great!
Awesome !!!
Post a Comment
<< Home