5.21.2006

MacGyver Mama

I was trying to get wayyyy too many things done between 7am and 10am this morning (get both kids fed and dressed, get me cleaned and dressed, get Naomi's car seat back in the car, pack a diaper bag for church with lunch and super duper good toys so we could stay late after church, talk to my sister and the list goes on - all by myself) and what that meant was that I brought Eliot outside to the car while I put Naomi's car seat back in the car. He was thrilled to sit in the front seat and look around and see squirrels and play with stuff (he and Aron spent some time sitting in the front seat the other day while I brought the car into the repair shop).

When I got the car seat settled he wasn't really done hanging out so I decided to put the little mirror we have so we can see her face when we're driving in correctly (I've owned this mirror for nearly two years and just this morning figured out how to use it properly). While I worked on the mirror and was feeling really cool for figuring it out Eliot found the two half full Coke cans in the front seat (I've been getting down on myself for drinking too much Coke and my answer seems to be buying a can and only drinking half) and poured them into the drink holders in the car and all over the passenger seat. Oh joy, oh wonder of warm carbonated water all over your car. Here is where MacGyver comes in (as if I'm not enough of a MacGyver for figuring out an infant car mirror) I wiped the coke up with a random napkin that was sitting on the floor, a little more of it with my shirt sleeve and then leaned over into the glove compartment and produced a size 4 diaper like I knew it was there (which I promise I didn't) and wiped approximately 30 gallons of coke off of the seat and laid it inside the drink holder where it soaked the rest of it while Eliot and I went inside to get Naomi and our two ton diaper bag.

It was one of those moments when I imagined a whole crew and set for some high-quality tv show with a fantastic plot line and great dialogue following my every move, filming so closely that you can see my perfectly tiny pores and my fantastic hair, make up and wardrobe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

* two cans of decarbonated Coke: $1.10

* one crusty napkin: $0.02

* a size four diaper, completly dry: $0.85

* knowing you're the most resourceful mommy on the block: priceless

22/5/06 3:51 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I think that is by far the BEST comment on a blog I've ever seen in my life!

22/5/06 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats