General Convention Gets Gooey
Just yesterday afternoon I was feeling so together about General Convention. Despite the toothpick fiasco I had managed to only get a tiny bit of spit up on the awesome wardrobe Nancy lent me (thanks Nan!) and Naomi and I had been getting along and getting around quite well. Since I wrote the last blog tho we've had a few interesting times.
Right after I finished the blog I managed to spill a full glass of Coke on the floor (in the pitch black room of course) I didn't know it was falling until I heard it hit the floor and then felt it hit my head and shoulder and leg. The glass somehow fell down and then all of the Coke bounced up. Twenty minutes after it happened I found a drop of Coke on the side of my forehead - mmmm.
Then last night at our committee meeting Naomi was screaming and I went into the hall and a very nice man who I sort of know offered to take Naomi so I could return to the meeting. He returned a few minutes later without her and informed me that she was doing fine. I sat there for a few minutes feeling weird that he'd returned without her but I couldn't hear her crying. Then I heard her start to cry again and realized I don't know him well enough to think he knows anyone that I know well so I (despite being hugely embarrassed) packed up the stroller and walked out only to find Naomi in the arms of someone I don't know at all. She said, "oh good, here you are, I thought her daddy had abandoned her." Goodness! Just when I think I'm being too protective - I realize I'm not.
This morning Naomi's diaper managed to leak all over the first pants I've worn here that weren't black. I was sitting on the legislative floor wondering why I could smell baby diaper even tho Naomi was off with Terry. It took me an hour to realize there was a nice 'puddle' of poo on my pants about the size of Rhode Island.
Right after I finished the blog I managed to spill a full glass of Coke on the floor (in the pitch black room of course) I didn't know it was falling until I heard it hit the floor and then felt it hit my head and shoulder and leg. The glass somehow fell down and then all of the Coke bounced up. Twenty minutes after it happened I found a drop of Coke on the side of my forehead - mmmm.
Then last night at our committee meeting Naomi was screaming and I went into the hall and a very nice man who I sort of know offered to take Naomi so I could return to the meeting. He returned a few minutes later without her and informed me that she was doing fine. I sat there for a few minutes feeling weird that he'd returned without her but I couldn't hear her crying. Then I heard her start to cry again and realized I don't know him well enough to think he knows anyone that I know well so I (despite being hugely embarrassed) packed up the stroller and walked out only to find Naomi in the arms of someone I don't know at all. She said, "oh good, here you are, I thought her daddy had abandoned her." Goodness! Just when I think I'm being too protective - I realize I'm not.
This morning Naomi's diaper managed to leak all over the first pants I've worn here that weren't black. I was sitting on the legislative floor wondering why I could smell baby diaper even tho Naomi was off with Terry. It took me an hour to realize there was a nice 'puddle' of poo on my pants about the size of Rhode Island.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home