Heres to My Family
Aron, Eliot and Naomi thank you so much for the sacrifices you've made to let me be here at convention. Naomi you slept on my overly-hot shoulder off and on today so I could take you with me onto a podium and speak out for the full inclusion of all people and especially gay and lesbian people. Eliot thanks for living without your mama for all of ten days and parts of two other days. I miss you sweet kid and can hardly wait to see what you're up to. Aron thanks for taking on two full time jobs during the World Cup so I could be here and thanks being so good natured about it and putting up with my ranting on the phone when I woke you up last night. I love you and appreciate your support.

4 Comments:
Sara, thanks for making the sacrifice to be there. Thanks for being on the floor with diaper overflow on you. Thanks for bringing your daughter to convention so that she could be present for all the change.
And thank you for your testimony today which was totally beyond awesome ... you rock, woman!
Wow! You're welcome women.
Thanks, Sara, for being there, for caring enough to read long-winded emails for months preparing for convention, thanks for working so hard and being open and accessible to so many of us who felt connected, through you, to the events at convention. Thanks for believing that the work of the church can really make a difference in our personal lives, and thanks for having the courage to hope in a God who is so all-inclusive and risking to share that with others in your testimony. I know you've been waiting for the right moment to speak, and I'm so glad you did! You're awesome, and I'm proud of you and grateful that you're my friend. I'm psyched to see you in a few weeks! Happy Family Reunion!
Post a Comment
<< Home