Watch Out Tiger Woods
Eliot, Naomi and I went to The Mall of America today to get out of this horrifying heat. Goodness. Anything over about 78 degrees melts me, causes me to stop eating and makes me sick. I don't know exacly how hot it was today but it was hot and humid and not anywhere close to 78 degrees.
We stopped at a sports store because (hmmm...could I have figured this one out before it happened) my new exercise routine (walking in the mornings which of course now has been thwarted by my crummy summer cold) is messing up my feet because I've been wearing Tevas with no arch support that are also something like 5 years old (I bought them when I still worked for Net Market Makers).
Eliot found a small putting green (probably 10 feet by 4 feet) and ran right up to it (dad aren't you proud). I showed him how to use the putter (which was perhaps a little too big for me) and to my thrill I made my first putt.
Eliot decided to give it a try and although he refused to use two hands (I kept telling him over and over to use two hands - which...hmmm...is odd - I'm the same mom that let him go running around the store and had no comment on that) made a putt from about 4.5 feet. It was awesome. I'm quite sure I was more excited about it than anyone in the store including Eliot (I think he was just annoyed that it was 'gone' and he had to find it).
We stopped at a sports store because (hmmm...could I have figured this one out before it happened) my new exercise routine (walking in the mornings which of course now has been thwarted by my crummy summer cold) is messing up my feet because I've been wearing Tevas with no arch support that are also something like 5 years old (I bought them when I still worked for Net Market Makers).
Eliot found a small putting green (probably 10 feet by 4 feet) and ran right up to it (dad aren't you proud). I showed him how to use the putter (which was perhaps a little too big for me) and to my thrill I made my first putt.
Eliot decided to give it a try and although he refused to use two hands (I kept telling him over and over to use two hands - which...hmmm...is odd - I'm the same mom that let him go running around the store and had no comment on that) made a putt from about 4.5 feet. It was awesome. I'm quite sure I was more excited about it than anyone in the store including Eliot (I think he was just annoyed that it was 'gone' and he had to find it).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home