Table Manners
Tonight at dinner my mind was wondering as it does sometimes while eating dinner with my awesome kids and husband (the most talkative in the bunch being Naomi) and I was thinking about how seemingly random experiences in my life have lead me to the place I am today. And I was thinking about the nice hotels I got to stay in when I went to South East Asia and somehow that connected in my head to being involved in the Episcopal Church and how I've sort of learned a few manners and how that's a good thing 'cause I'm a little less of a slob these days.
Just as I was thinking that bit about my new found manners Eliot passed some gas at the table. Very shortly thereafter I leaned over a bit and also passed some gas. Since I was thinking about my new found manners I made a point of saying 'excuse me.' Just then, with the impeccable timing of a drunken frat boy who has been well marinated in the fine decorum of his very own mother, he also leaned over and, well, lets just say it. The kid leaned right over and farted.
Aron laughed so hard I think he almost cried in front of me for the first time since before our wedding. I very nearly snorted my tiny little lady-like bite of food right out my nose.
Just as I was thinking that bit about my new found manners Eliot passed some gas at the table. Very shortly thereafter I leaned over a bit and also passed some gas. Since I was thinking about my new found manners I made a point of saying 'excuse me.' Just then, with the impeccable timing of a drunken frat boy who has been well marinated in the fine decorum of his very own mother, he also leaned over and, well, lets just say it. The kid leaned right over and farted.
Aron laughed so hard I think he almost cried in front of me for the first time since before our wedding. I very nearly snorted my tiny little lady-like bite of food right out my nose.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home