10.04.2006

Weighing In

I went to the doctor the other day to get some new mommy 'issues' checked out - which turn out to be absolutely fine. During the delightful check in time which I think was designed by complete morons (I think I could blog each and every day about how much I can't stand our health care system and its many insults). I got to describe exactly why I was there to a woman sitting next to a fan who couldn't hear me. I was facing the waiting room where four other people got to listen (2 of whom were - and still are - men). I also got to tell her my social security number, Aron's social security number, both of our birthdays and got to spell Episcopal 4 times and McGinley 3 times. Lets just say it was awesome.

Then I got to get weighed. Why do they need to weigh you EVERY time you go to the doctor. I not only got to be weighed - I got to be weighed on the accessible scale - it literally had its own room and was huge - like the huge scale on The Biggest Loser.

I've never cared about scales. Until the past couple months when the baby weight has been hanging around - and not exactly hanging around by the tips of its fingers - more like grabbing on confidently and held up by the can of Coke I manage to drink each day.

It turns out I'm not the 15 pounds over weight that I thought I am. I'm 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I can handle that. For now. I suppose. Its not so bad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sara -Good recovery!!! Something I like to say to Eliot when he almost stumbles as he chases the "bok boks" around in our lumpy yard! Way to recover! :)

4/10/06 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we went for our sonogram last week they asked a load of questions as well - including if we were there as a result of an accident. I started laughing, the desk person (who was actually quite nice - it was just the procedure that was totally stupid) looked at the list and said kinda sheepishly - oh you're here for a sonogram. To which I could only reply "yep and if it were an accident we'd all be politically correct and say "surprise" anyway".

I declined the chance to share my religion with them - mostly b/c I couldn't figure out why that was relevant to my uterus size and before I could wrap my brain around it she went to the next question - hadn't even considered having to spell it so many times.

Dawn

4/10/06 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats