11.09.2006

A New Parenting Low



I took Naomi to the YWCA babysitting service tonight while Eliot and I went to swimming lessons (wherein I received a 'talking to' because I wasn't participating in class - hello the kid is 2 and he is afraid of his teacher). I brought a bag of Cherrios for a snack and on the way noticed it must be open because Cheerios dust was flying around the car. It didn't give me much pause since Cheerios live forever (notice the comment from Rev Susan on this post). When I went to pick Naomi up (who wasn't eating her Cheerios) the babysitting room staff person pointed out that Naomi's Cheerios bag had a hole in it. She was very kind and matter of fact.

Just now when I got home I took a closer peek at that zip lock bag. Low and behold it had that tell-tale sign of a mouse eating through it. Yes folks. I sent my child off with a snack previously enjoyed by a rodent! That's me. Awesome mom. Thank God I'm fasting on the bad mom thing..

5 Comments:

Blogger SUSAN RUSSELL said...

Life goes on.

All will be well.

All manner of this shall be well.

And Cheerios STILL have no half-life!

PS -- You ARE an awesome Mom!

9/11/06 11:13 PM  
Blogger SUSAN RUSSELL said...

PS#2 -- My motherhood low was when a crawling child was noted to be eating directly out of the dog-food bowl because the pregnant-with-his-soon-to-be-brother-sick-as-a-dog mother coudn't manage to get off the couch to make him lunch.

Honest to Goodness!

9/11/06 11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just teaching her to be unselfish with something she loves. : )

Dawn

10/11/06 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, do you like the Y's swim lessons? I've wondered if it would be just as good to take them swimming to get them used to water and then lessons later? or are the lessons helpful?

11/11/06 10:25 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I do like the lessons. They teach you good things that help you 'be' in the water with your kids and having the structured time I paid for forces me to go. Its just to easy to not want to go through the whole put on a swim suit, pack everyone up craziness. I'd highly recommend 'em.

11/11/06 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats