Off Tomorrow
Naomi and I are off on what was supposed to be our 3rd airplane adventure of November. Its our 2nd instead (she was sick, sick, sick when we were supposed to go to Chicago). That's fine with me.
I've been struggling this afternoon with a little anxiety about travelling with her when she is so mobile now, I swear she is going to walk any second, and the important fun-ness of my meeting and feeling bad about leaving Eliot behind and her inevitable missed naps and his inevitable missed sleep.
I'm sure they'll be fine. I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm sure it will all be fine.
Still I feel that 'modern mother' struggle. Should I go off and do these interesting things and make a little money for our family so I can feel a little more sane or should I be home all the time and go a little crazy and be financially iffy and be there all the time for my kids. Ahhhh!!!!!!
I've been struggling this afternoon with a little anxiety about travelling with her when she is so mobile now, I swear she is going to walk any second, and the important fun-ness of my meeting and feeling bad about leaving Eliot behind and her inevitable missed naps and his inevitable missed sleep.
I'm sure they'll be fine. I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm sure it will all be fine.
Still I feel that 'modern mother' struggle. Should I go off and do these interesting things and make a little money for our family so I can feel a little more sane or should I be home all the time and go a little crazy and be financially iffy and be there all the time for my kids. Ahhhh!!!!!!

3 Comments:
in my mind its much better for kids to see both (if they have two) parents lead interesting lives and do some things away from home, so they can experience feeling safe with others, know that they will get their needs met, and know that their folks will always be there for them, even if they are physically gone for a few days.
Eliot isn't just missing sleep when you are gone--he is also experiencing love and care from another person. that is an important thing to learn.
Well said. Learning love from others is critical. And finding out that your moms rocks...well that's pretty great too.
Go, enjoy and don't feel guilty. As Yoda says - do or not do.
Post a Comment
<< Home