Advent is Here
Aron and I managed to get around to getting an Advent Wreath yesterday. Eliot loves the candles as you can see. He took them all out of the wreath and put them back in over and over and over today. He wanted to bring them upstairs when it was nap time. He wanted them to play blocks with him. He wanted to look at their tops and bottoms in the wreathe and out of the wreath. He really, really wants to light the pink candle.
This morning I checked in with my resident priest and asked why we have the pink candle. He said something like 'its the feast of St. Rose or Rose day or the Roseie McGroova-thon'. Basically he said something that meant absolutely nothing to me.
So I said, "Is rose the harlot Mary and Joseph met on the way to Bethlehem," and Aron said, "yeah." I always hope he'll laugh when I'm utterly hilarious like that. He didn't laugh. Just his Mike Kramer-like "yeah."
Then I said, "Did they say 'harlot' back then?" and he said, "no they pretty much just said 'slut' " to which I cracked up - out loud - like the girl that I am.

2 Comments:
wow! can't believe how big eliot is getting! crazy!
when i was over for dinner the other day i blew out one of the candles and eliot looked at me with the saddest eyes! he kept it up until I lit the candle again.
Post a Comment
<< Home