Embarassing
Okay. I can't blame this on anything but my own bad geography and laziness. As I tried to write my blog post yesterday with flourish I thought I'd chose the four points farthest from one another to talk about all the places that are praying for Eliot and/or all of us.
I knew darn well there are people in Peru and also in El Salvador praying for us and thought for about a half a second about which country was further south and although I was pretty sure it was Peru I strangely went with El Salvador to make my point.
We're fortunate enough to have people in both countries praying for us - extended family from Gramma Vicki's work and Auntie Laurie's days in El Salvador.
People in Connecticut and Wisconsin and Wyoming and Michigan and Virginia and Washington DC and all over Minnesota and Rome, Italy and Episcopalians and Anglicans and Catholics and Buddhists and atheists and angry former Catholics and Lutherans and Presbyterians and people I didn't even know pray are praying for Eliot.
Nancy has been faithfully noting as many churches and people as possible on the blog she made for Isadora to communicate with Eliot. Its pretty amazing and I'm sure we're missing people. Please feel free to send a note to eliotrocks@gmail.com if you don't see yourself or your church or your family on the list. I look forward to sharing it with Eliot some day.
I really, really believe prayer is working for all of us right now. I think its keeping us a float. Its keeping us sane. Its keeping us faithful and helping to lessen the burden. So are the loving hands of so many friends and family members who are stretching their schedules and pocket books on our behalf.
God is good and we are God's hands and I've rarely felt so cheesy in my life and I've rarely felt so sure of a statement.
Okay that sounds embarrassingly soap boxy and preachy. Yuck. Goodness Sara - its Aron who takes care of the preaching in the family - get over yourself!
I knew darn well there are people in Peru and also in El Salvador praying for us and thought for about a half a second about which country was further south and although I was pretty sure it was Peru I strangely went with El Salvador to make my point.
We're fortunate enough to have people in both countries praying for us - extended family from Gramma Vicki's work and Auntie Laurie's days in El Salvador.
People in Connecticut and Wisconsin and Wyoming and Michigan and Virginia and Washington DC and all over Minnesota and Rome, Italy and Episcopalians and Anglicans and Catholics and Buddhists and atheists and angry former Catholics and Lutherans and Presbyterians and people I didn't even know pray are praying for Eliot.
Nancy has been faithfully noting as many churches and people as possible on the blog she made for Isadora to communicate with Eliot. Its pretty amazing and I'm sure we're missing people. Please feel free to send a note to eliotrocks@gmail.com if you don't see yourself or your church or your family on the list. I look forward to sharing it with Eliot some day.
I really, really believe prayer is working for all of us right now. I think its keeping us a float. Its keeping us sane. Its keeping us faithful and helping to lessen the burden. So are the loving hands of so many friends and family members who are stretching their schedules and pocket books on our behalf.
God is good and we are God's hands and I've rarely felt so cheesy in my life and I've rarely felt so sure of a statement.
Okay that sounds embarrassingly soap boxy and preachy. Yuck. Goodness Sara - its Aron who takes care of the preaching in the family - get over yourself!

3 Comments:
no - it doesn't. who told you it was "preachy" to give thanks and praise to a God that loves you and your small ones so much? Get over yourself, let go and live into that whole priesthood (of all believers)thing God gave you. God is good and there is no good reason not to talk about it. Preach on sister. Love and prayers from down the street. R n R.
Hey, you've got the Canon Missioner of the Anglican Episcopal Church of El Salvador praying for you, so ES is quite correct! So what if she lives in Vermont.
Don't forget Oregon too... God Sara, I had no idea about Eliot. I've been an absent reader lately and this is hitting me like a train as I'm reading your entries. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment
<< Home