1.01.2007

Fuck This Shit

Today was hard. It was just plain hard. Eliot's neediness (which completely understandable as it may be is also physically and emotionally demanding on a level I'm not totally capable of meeting right now) and whininess felt at times like finger nails on a chalk board. Naomi didn't take her morning nap and took only an hour long afternoon nap which meant she too was needy and wanted to be held, held, held. Tonight while we tried to give Eliot his medicine (for the second time because he managed to puke up the first try) he sat on my lap crying while Naomi also sat on my lap crying. Luckily Naomi's God Mommy was in town and took her just minutes before Eliot threw up his 2nd dose of all of his medicine and his dinner all over his lap and my lap and the floor.

My back hurts like hell. My glasses have been broken now for over two weeks which makes the bridge of my nose hurt. I think I brushed my teeth once yesterday. I can't find a clean bra and my unbelievably saggy boobs are starting to chafe my knees. I had mystery diarrhea today. I got poop on my sleeve. I spaced out and put a spoonful of hot soup in Naomi's mouth tonight. I called the fellow on call at the hospital for the 4th time since we got home on Friday.

Fuck this fucking hard as hell fucking torture your kid with fucking medicine that tastes like fucking shit twice a day while your other totally ignored child cries her fucking eyes out fucking shit.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Words well chosen for this crappy, crappy stuff going on right now!!!

(such explitives are favorites of mine, too, and I swear Patrick is going to think that God's full name is "God-dammit-son-of-a-bitch" and the Sunday School teacher is going to ask him "Where did you hear those words?" and he is going to say "My mommy." I can here the rumours throughout the congregation even now.)

We keep sending prayers your way and I will tell you not all of them are necessarily polite but sometimes more of a rant.

1/1/07 8:51 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Yeah Sara - that is the right phrase. You have earned the use of it.
I mumble 'fuck this shit' on a weekly basis and it is only because I stubbed my toe (for the fourteeneth time because there is shit all over the house and I can't see it because I am carrying someone who is whining and crying because the otherone is whining and crying because I poured her milk into the cereral bowl the wrong way...not because we are dealing with cancer, or puking medicine, or the reprecussions of days in the hospital). Call more godmommies and daddies to come over and help and go for a walk, then you can use even worse words :)

1/1/07 9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really missed your blog earlier today. The Pollyanna in me wanted more of the
"gosh this is going to be ok." I wish I could go and get your glasses fixed for you or do your laundry.

I am trying to live in the present, not the past or the future. Boy, you are right there, aren't you . . . THE PRESENT.

Bless you, all. Live in the peace of the prayers that we keep for you. Live your present. No excuses necessary . . .Cry when you must.

love and prayers,

janE

1/1/07 11:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really missed your blog earlier today. The Pollyanna in me wanted more of the
"gosh this is going to be ok." I wish I could go and get your glasses fixed for you or do your laundry.

I am trying to live in the present, not the past or the future. Boy, you are right there, aren't you . . . THE PRESENT.

Bless you, all. Live in the peace of the prayers that we keep for you. Live your present. No excuses necessary . . .Cry when you must.

love and prayers,

1/1/07 11:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really missed your blog earlier today. The Pollyanna in me wanted more of the
"gosh this is going to be ok." I wish I could go and get your glasses fixed for you or do your laundry.

I am trying to live in the present, not the past or the future. Boy, you are right there, aren't you . . . THE PRESENT.

Bless you, all. Live in the peace of the prayers that we keep for you. Live your present. No excuses necessary . . .Cry when you must.

love and prayers,

1/1/07 11:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really missed your blog earlier today. The Pollyanna in me wanted more of the
"gosh this is going to be ok." I wish I could go and get your glasses fixed for you or do your laundry.

I am trying to live in the present, not the past or the future. Boy, you are right there, aren't you . . . THE PRESENT.

Bless you, all. Live in the peace of the prayers that we keep for you. Live your present. No excuses necessary . . .Cry when you must.

love and prayers,

1/1/07 11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally, you let it fly. And when someone cuts you off in traffic feel free to let loose with a fuck you, you fucking fuck - because making one word into a verb, adjective and noun all in one sentence is just good use of language - and models good speech sounds, especially when enunciated : )

Hang in there -
Dawn

2/1/07 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sara, I'm so relieved to hear this fucking rant! I've been reading your posts daily and appreciate so much your honesty throughout, but I wondered how you could stand the constant pressure and sound so "up" all the time. Now I KNOW you're going to be OK! I'm with JanE too - wish I could fix your glasses. I'd even do your wash -- dirty bras and poopy sleeves included!

Always, always, always in our prayers.

Dale Deines

2/1/07 8:38 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

(((((((((((((Sara))))))))))))))))))
love ratchet n rachel

2/1/07 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats