1.02.2007

Things I've Learned - First Installation

I've learned a lot in the past 2 weeks and 1 day. A lot. Not the least of which is that I'm a good mom.

I've also learned that I'm apparently addicted to picking my freaking nose. Perhaps all of you kind souls who spend time with me have known this for some time and have been giggling about this over beer when I'm not around.

Now that my hands have to be more sterile than McDreamy's sexy digits I'm constantly finding my finger up my nose and hearing my internal alarm say 'unclean! unclean.'

I knew I was a committed morning nose maintenance kind of gal. I didn't realize my apparent need for nose diving was an all day affair. I may find when the stress goes away and it isn't prime booger season that this situation is different - at least I'm hoping I'll find its different. If not I think I'm channelling an 11 year old boy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a case of Burdensome Olfactory Gold Extracting Reflex Syndrome, otherwise known as BoOGER Syndrome.

Symptoms include random facial itches surrounding the nose and eye area as well as an unconscious, compulsive clearing out of the nasal cavity using fingers or other readily available objects.

Risk factors for this syndrome include starting a job in a commercial kitchen, hospital, or as a caregiver to a family member who requires a sterile environment. Seemingly, its acuteness is related exponentially to the degree with which the subject is comitted to providing a safe, germ-free environment.

There is no known cure for this illness, but the good news for its sufferers is that the severity does tend to wane gradually following diagnosis.

-------

Sara--I truly appreciate your blog. Your optimism, honesty, filthy language, faith, and humor are powerful to behold!

Sarah C.

2/1/07 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Phil says it takes 6 weeks to change a habit or is it to replace a habit with another one...or are those the same?...Thankfully, you have time!!!

I am really going to be observing this behavior of yours now. I don't recall putting any particular attention to it before, but then, I don't live in an environment that requires the least bit of sterility. Love those back yard chicks! AND - love you all! Vicki

2/1/07 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats